Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hocus Pocus

Just not Halloween without a mention of Hocus Pocus 1993 film that featured Bette Midler ... and Binks the Cat!


Also the famous living 
                                           book..
I was surfing the net to find the words to the song" I'll put a spell on you and found a group on line that
have started a project to recreate the "Hocus Pocus Book of Spells"

Well, this was a great idea.  I have made all types of books, and their bindings.  Embroidered Medieval Covers.  French Spines ....why not a Living Book.

I researched the pages and found around 50 of them,'
captured a picture of a Living Book from an on line Book of Spells. 

And now to gather the materials for the cover .... several years ago I produced a leather like cover from a paper bag, It truly looked like leather.  If, I run across the picture I will post it, and have a ton of clay, tons of inks and paints...so I am on a quest.

If, any of you are interested in joining me, please do.  We can share our progress and mistakes...

Featured on Esty to night will be a smaller ribbon for BOS and has a charm , not a very good picture.


Wishing you a lovely evening and chat soon.

As always,
May you walk in  the moonlight till the wind sets you free.