Monday, March 26, 2007

Lady Banes Roses

Lady Banes Roses....here in Arizona we have a very early Spring. This is a rose bush called Lady Banes getting ready to bust open. The original cuttings came from back east and as the settlers made a homestead one of the women planted the original Lady Banes in from of the library in Tombstone, Tombstone is about a 30 minute ride from center of Sierra Vista, and this rose cutting came from that rose bush, each year the library start cuttings and have a plant sale and you can get a Little stick in a coffee cup and from that $1.00 little branch....came this plant. You can see the Lady Banes all over Arizona and it was due to the caring and loving hands of the pioneer women who cared enough to bring her rose with her....They are beautiful and the rose stays every green here even in our winters.'
As you can tell, little sewing has been going on, but as soon as I can I start to tend to my garden, so in the next days I will share with you the beauty of the desert. If, I may. I do promise to get back inside of my studio and start creating but, for now please enjoy my gardens. AS always, Silvery Moonbeams to watch over you and yours, Sierra