Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Aponogeton Distachyos ...or...water hawthorn

This little tiny joy was found in my largest of ponds several days ago. It is a tremendous act of patients on my part.
The little story behind this Vanilla scented beauty is years in making and seconds in telling.
Around 5 years ago a dear friend at that time, and I purchased a water Hawthorn from a water dealer. I lost track of my dear water friends and each year was reminded of her by the three or four think light yellow leaves that always appeared in mid winter when all of the other water plants lie dormant awaiting for the brilliant sun here in Arizona.
This marks the 5Th year of the think light green leaves that appeared, only this year there were around 10 thin light Green leaves to enhance the black dye water (black dye retards the algae of spring growth) Standing very proud several days ago was the little gem you see in the picture! She is a darling, A true test of a gardener's patients.! So, I would like to present to you....Miss Aponogeton Distachyos to you in all of her glory. Now if I can find my dear friend (at the time)'s web sight, I would love to show her and ask her how her plant did?



She has a fragrance of Vanilla .....Now, fingers crossed next year 2 blooms will appear.



Now, to keep checking the Wisteria Vine! lol

As always, Silvery Moonbeams to Watch over you.

Sierra